Charleston County Government announces the traffic signals at two intersection on Harbor View Road will be activated in flash mode on Thursday, March 9 for the Harbor View Road Improvements project. The intersections are location at Harbor View Road and Fort Sumter Drive and Harbor View Road and Mikell Drive.
During this period, the signals will flash yellow on Harbor View Road and red on Fort Sumter Drive and Mikell Drive. The flash period will last for one week to give motorists time to adjust to the new signals. The traffic lights will be full activated on Thursday, March 16.
March 9 – March 16:
The traffic signals on Harbor View Road will be activated on flash mode Thursday, March 9
- A flashing yellow light means proceed with caution
- A flashing red light means come to a complete stop, then proceed when you can
- The traffic signals will be in flash mode until fully activated on Thursday, March 16
- Please use caution through this area as motorists adjust to the new traffic control pattern.
- Drivers traveling through the project’s construction zone are asked to be aware of equipment and crews working in the area at all times.
The purpose of the Harbor View Road Improvements project is to improve traffic flow and safety on Harbor View Road and to provide adequate bicycle and pedestrian facilities. The project will include the addition of a center two-way left turn lane between North Shore Drive and Affirmation Boulevard, the addition of right turn lanes at major intersections, the addition of traffic signals at Fort Sumter Drive and Mikell Drive, the construction of a roundabout at the intersection of Harbor View Road and Fort Johnson Road and the addition of pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
Visit the official website at http://roads.charlestoncounty. org for public meeting notices and up-to-date news and information about all Charleston County Transportation Sales Tax road projects. Anyone with questions about the project can call Charleston County’s Transportation Development Department at (843) 202-6140.
For information on Charleston County Government news and services, the public can visit their website: www.charlestoncounty.org